Monday, August 2, 2010

DEFINE: Body & Mind


Yesterday, I went with some girlfriends to a free DEFINE class held at lululemon here in Houston. Upon arrival, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I thought it would be a simple class of stretching and balance. I was sorely mistaken and by sorely, I mean I have never been so sore after a class in all my life. Henry "Hank" Richardson, took us through a series of exercises, working our arms, legs, butt, and core. Since I'm a runner, I've always thought I was in pretty good shape, but as I sat there perspiring all over my yoga mat, my whole body shaking, I realized that I had never properly defined my center.
I had spent every day running, but I never stood still long enough to become rooted in my own sense of balance.

After this class I realized that perhaps I was missing out on something. At the end of our workout, while we were all lying on our yoga mats, Hank mentioned the importance of finding your own balance. Define your balance. Define your mind. Define yourself.

Hank is teaching classes every Sunday morning starting at 11 a.m. at lululemon throughout the month of August. lululemon is located at 4023 Westheimer Road.

For a class schedule from DEFINE: Body & Mind, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment