Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cleanse?


Lately, I have been feeling a little sluggish. My girlfriends and I are talking about doing a cleanse, but the question is which kind of cleanse should we do? And what can I actually stick to, without wanting to pass out, eat my arm off, or ravenously devour a cookie by the time 3 o'clock rolls around.

The other day I stumbled across Gweyneth Paltrow's blog, Goop and she talks about Alejandro Junger's book Clean "The Revolutionary Program to Restore the Body's Natural Ability to Heal Itself."
In the first week you "ease" into a liquid diet of smoothies, juices and soups to jump start the detox. Week 2, you asses your eating and stick to a vegetarian diet. Week 3 is for breaking bad habits. I have a terrible habit of not eating properly all day and eating cereal for dinner at midnight! Plus, I have a sweet tooth. If it is between steamed veggies and cookies, I go for the cookie thinking that it actually serves as a proper meal.

I am thinking this 28-Day Mind+Body Challenge, might not be all that bad! It isn't too intense and isn't about a crash plan that will make you gain weight as soon as you finish!

If you are interested in checking out the plan, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment