Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Cut off all the ropes and let me fall...





I am loving this Bon Iver song right now. "Cut off all the ropes and let me fall, right in this moment..." is such a great lyric.
One of my biggest fears in life is letting myself fall and it applies to all aspects of life really. Work, love, friendships, family...
It is terrifying to me. Yesterday in yoga, Nancy, our instructor was talking to us about allowing ourselves to fall and letting it be okay. Allowing for people to love us, take care of us, allowing ourselves to be vulnerable-- ah, it all resonated so deep within me that I left the class thinking about what it really means to fall, to lose control, and to not really know what will happen. One of the best things about life are the surprises along the way. I believe that we are always exactly where we are supposed to be in this moment in time, because no matter how hard you try to plan out your life, it never goes the way we think it will and that's the fun part. Right? Perhaps, just say yes.

P.S. I first listened to this song on Anna, from Tulip Louise's website. It was the song to her wedding video. Adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment