Thursday, December 1, 2011

This December...


The last two months for my family, I have to admit have been challenging, but it has only been through these challenges that we have really begun to know each other all over again. As individuals. As my brother and I become separate from our parents and our parents begin anew, there has been a healing process taking place. It has been painful, as most healing processes are, right? You don't break your arm and not feel any pain, no. You get through the pain and there isn't any real way around it. For us, it has been an experience of ups and downs and a lot of tears. When the tears come up and it seems almost so painful that you want to either stuff it down and push it away or walk off all together, we have been told to breathe. It sounds simple, but when I think about it, sometimes, it is really hard to breathe. When things get difficult, I tend to hold my breath. Perhaps, I think in some way it will help me to hold it together, but actually it does the opposite. Even in my yoga class, the harder the poses are, the more often I hold my breath. What I have found to be so valuable this week, is the importance of not being afraid to feel the pain, breathing through it, saying your truth and letting yourself feel self-love and acceptance. It is important to reveal yourself to others, all the parts of you!

I came across this today as a meditation for December 1st and thought I would share:
It's difficult to be around people who are trying to be perfect- perfectly healthy, perfectly polite, perfectly poised, perfectly controlled. Remember that being human means being imperfect, being flawed. Let yourself be. Let others be.... Stand up and reveal who you are and know that you are good enough. Stop worrying that people will find out who you really are. Instead, hope that they do. Help them by openly sharing yourself and being not who you think you should be, but who you really are.

Freedom is just a small step away- a step into self-love and acceptance. When you take it, others will follow. And they'll be grateful you led the way. -Melody Beattie


And to those people, who have been by my side, supportive and there without even saying anything during this time, I don't even know how to thank you.

via sundayinbed

No comments:

Post a Comment