Sunday, December 4, 2011

Tis' the Season


Happy Sunday everyone! I hope that you are having a wonderful weekend. Each month has flown by so quickly, I can barely keep up. As we move into the holidays and get in the spirit of things, I can't help but ask, what's on your Christmas wish list? I am thankful for so many things this year. Although, as many of you have probably noticed, the past few months have been rather rocky, I am so looking forward to Christmas. I watched "It's a Wonderful Life," last night and the movie just never gets old... It has such a good point about life and being thankful for what we have. As we get ready to close out the year, I have been forced to reflect upon my entire life, and the ties that bind us to our family from generations and generations before. I am ready to let go of the things that are/were not so great, that have been passed down for many years, and only keep what was done right. Does that make sense? I will explain more in depth later, but think about it. Is there a running theme within your family system? There is in mine! And it's pretty interesting when you step back and think about it! Why people marry who they marry... there are some pretty good insights to it and I find it fascinating. Most of the time it's about healing something within your family system... either with your mother or your father and we often repeat, the same mistakes. But, with that said there is a way to avoid it, and that is to recognize it, and deal with it as it stands now. Who would have thought? I know it probably sounds like a no brainer, but it happens... we make mistakes and there is often a reason for it! Interesting... more thoughts on this to come! For now, it is time to put up the tree and take in December! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment