Friday, March 30, 2012

DIY: Herbs




I've always wanted to have my own garden of herbs and vegetables, but my brother seems to have more of a green thumb than I do-- plus, I don't have a backyard and my apartment is small. When I came across this idea on Camille Styles, I immediately fell in love with the creativity behind the project. Plus, it doesn't take up space, which in an apartment is sometimes a huge factor.

From Claire,
{All you need}
old wooden board (I used a piece of painted wood I found by a torn down home)
mason jars
pipe clamps
triangle ring hangers
stainless hanging wire
picture hanger
chalkboard paint & chalk
brush
hammer, nails and screwdriver
herbs


{Instructions}
Space mason jars evenly on wooden board, and mark placement with a pencil in order to design and measure around.
Tape off rectangles on board, and paint with chalkboard paint as pictured above. This way, you can switch out herbs and change their labels accordingly.
Secure pipe clamps to wooden board by hammering a nail through the small holes in the pipe clamp.
On back of board, nail in ring hangers and tie on hanging wire.
Plant herbs in mason jars.
Place mason jars into pipe clamps and tighten with a screwdriver.
Nail picture hanger into the wall, and hang your herb display!

2 comments:

  1. You should enter to win my Garden Bon Bons to put in these little jars: http://www.recklessabandoncook.com/2012/03/garden-bon-bon-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete