Friday, March 2, 2012

Going for It...


As many of you know from reading this blog, I fell in love with yoga last April when I began going to Yoga Ananda, here in Houston. Since walking into class that day, I had no idea how much my life would be impacted for the better in doing this practice. It is something that I believe in, it's something that is never perfect and it's something that brings you to your core. There is no room for ego in this practice, only you. In February, I started think about doing a teacher training with YA, but I wasn't quite sure. I had a weird end of the year last year (but, also good and a blessing in many ways), and the beginning of this year very much set into motion a time for a massive healing within my family. As I thought about all the reasons why I shouldn't do the teacher training program, I realized that none of them had to do with me. I say that only because, I think that sometimes we are influenced by getting caught up into what we should do for others, which is a very great and a wonderful thing at times, but I've noticed that it's also good to set boundaries and allow people to be supportive of what is best for you. Often times you find that all the people you were running around doing things for, turn out to be the most supportive. In life you give and you take. You receive and you give out. In doing things for yourself, it allows for you to do more things for others and be there for others. So, this weekend do something for yourself, just because you want to!

I hope you all are enjoying the day and thanks for stopping by the blog! :)

P.S. I'll keep you updated on how the teacher training is going throughout the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment