Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Four Agreements


Good morning on this Wednesday! A year ago today, was the first time I walked into the yoga studio that I am currently doing a teacher training with... little did I know how much impact that day would have on my life. A HUGE impact. I've been meaning to share this with you all for a little while now, during the teacher training we've had to read a lot of books, one of them being The Four Agreements. Since reading it, I have passed it along, because what I personally took away from it was a whole new perspective. It's an incredible book that discusses the impact of the agreements we make... with ourselves, our parents... about who we're supposed to be and how we're supposed to live. It also discusses the fear that many of us have about truly living our own life.

It states that... "Our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive-- the risk to be alive and express who we really are. Just being ourselves is the biggest fear of humans. We have learned to live our lives trying to satisfy other people's demands. We have learned to live by other people's points of view because of the fear of not being accepted and of not being good enough for someone."

This passage is said in the beginning of the book, and it resonated so much within me. I just wanted to share it with all of you. It's a truly wonderful book.

I hope you all have a great day! Here is my blog post, from my first yoga class at Yoga Ananda a year ago: An Afternoon Yoga Class Pretty funny!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! Thanks, Sarah! And happy belated "one year" :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Devon!!! You're so sweet. Glad you liked it! I hope you're doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete