Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Raw Sprouted Granola with Yogurt and Blueberry Sauce




Lately, I have been slacking on breakfast. I hardly ever eat any, and if I do, it's half of a cliff bar or something else that I can have quickly to keep me from fainting on my morning runs. But, it seems the cliff bars are no longer keeping up... I stumbled across this recipe on My New Roots and I can't wait to try it. Perhaps my breakfast slump will soon be over!

Raw Sprouted Granola with Yoghurt, Blueberry Sauce and Fresh Fruit
Serves 4

Granola
½ cup golden linseeds
½ cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup dried apricots & prunes
2 cups buckwheat sprouts (see above)
1 cup quinoa (see above)
1 tsp. vanilla extract OR ½ tsp ground vanilla powder
4 Tbsp. sweetener of your choice (liquid honey, agave, apple syrup etc)

Directions:
1. Put linseeds, pumpkin seeds, apricots and prunes in a large bowl and cover with water. Let them soak for at least 1 hour. Drain the excess water.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir around. Evenly spread the batter onto two baking sheets or dehydrator sheets. Place in the oven on the lowest temperature possible OR in a dehydrator for about 6-8 hours or until golden and crispy.

Blueberry & Apple Sauce
Ingredients:
1 cup blueberries (frozen are fine)
1 medium size apple, diced
2 TBSP unsweetened apple juice (or sweetener of your choice)

Directions:
Place all ingredients in a small pot on the stove over medium heat. Bring to a boil and lower the heat, let simmer for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and puree with an emersion blender or fork if you like it chunky.

How to Assemble:
- Blueberry & Apple Sauce
- Buckwheat & Quinoa Granola
- A full-fat organic yoghurt (Greek/Turkish)
- Fruit salad

Place 2 spoonful of blueberry sauce in the bottom of the glass, then 2-3 spoonfuls of granola, 2-3 spoonfuls of yoghurt and finally some fruit salad on top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment