Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Trust Yourself


Sometimes, I wish there was a clear path- something that tells you that what you're doing, and where you're going, even that the decisions you're making, are the right ones. Every day that I take a yoga class, I come in most of the time, with one or more things on my mind, in my head or weighing heavy on my heart. After I have rinsed out, sweated out, sighed out and most of all surrendered to my own self, I leave somehow feeling more clear. Probably because the only thing I think about is drinking water, taking a shower, hanging out with my doggie and going to sleep (all of these things are in the present moment). Things become simple. The only other time I have felt this way, is when I'm backpacking. Everything becomes so simple. I eat when I'm hungry. I put on a coat when I'm cold. I drink water when I'm thirsty and it's wonderful. There is definitely a created sense of what it's like to live in the moment. Each time I am in a yoga class, and each time I walk out of one it is very much the same experience. I can't very well be in a pose if I'm thinking about the next one. I also can't compare myself to anyone else because I have no idea what kind of day they've had, what their body is like, or how long they've been doing yoga.   I notice in life that it is only when I'm not in the here and now that I allow myself to get scared and worry. When I start thinking about all of these things that don't even matter for a single second, I automatically become someone I don't want to be. I was reading last night about the power of letting go, becoming detached from the outcome. As soon as we let go of having, wanting or needing a certain result to happen in order to fulfill who we are or have a sense of self, we can let go and relax. As soon as we can trust ourselves, trust the process as well as the experience, we can let go.

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday! If you find yourself worrying about the future, or not being in the present moment, just remember to "Let it go." You are exactly where you're supposed to be.

image via pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment