Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Clear your Mind. Clear your Heart.

Happy Tuesday all! Sorry for the missed post yesterday. I taught my second yoga class yesterday morning, then I was running around until I went to do my own practice later that evening. By the time I got home, I was spent. But, I hope you all had a great Monday. Yesterday, before I taught I was racking my brain for what I would give as a theme for class. After trying and trying to figure out something "outstanding," I read from Melody Beattie's Journey to the Heart about the value of clear thinking and I thought I would share it with all of you.

"As we clear the pathway to the heart by feeling, expressing and releasing old emotions, we will clear the path to the mind. Just as the body is connected to the mind, so is the heart. A cramped body can cause fuzzy thinking, but so can a clogged heart. To attempt to think clearly and consciously with the heart closed may not work. It may even prove frustrating and difficult. Don't think so hard," the wise old man gently instructed me. "You're hurting your head and your thinking isn't becoming clear. Relax. Stop trying so hard. Open your heart. Then your thinking will clear. The mind, "he reminded me," is "connected to the heart."

When I stumbled across this, it got me thinking about how sometimes it is best to stop trying so hard. When we're trying to accomplish, when we're trying to figure everything out, sometimes we can become so fuzzy-headed and confused that we don't know which way is up and which way is down.

Sometimes you just gotta relax, do what you love to do and enjoy!

image via pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment