Thursday, July 19, 2012

The lesson is love.



Happy Thursday all and happy birthday to my sweet mama. I was supposed to be with her today, but I had a change of plans, when tragedy struck in my friend's family earlier this week. Last night, as I was sitting in my hotel room, I couldn't help but think back to all the times I had spent with this family that I had been so close to during my childhood. It's funny when life pulls you apart, and then something like this happens and I couldn't bear the thought of not being by their side on this day. I wasn't sure whether I should come or not, but then I thought to myself, "What would love do?" Sometimes it doesn't matter how other people receive you, sometimes you have to do something simply because it feels like the right thing in your heart. My mom told me that. :) So for today, send people some love. Friends, family. If we don't share our love, then what are we doing?

On a side note: I have some exciting news, that I will share with you all soon. I saw this quote this morning and I thought it was very appropriate: The good stuff can scare us. Change, even good change, can be frightening. In some ways, good changes can be more frightening than the hard times.- Melody Beattie **This is so true! 

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear about your exciting news!

    Glad that you can be there for your friend - definitely doing the right thing. Always live love, and love will come back to you.

    ReplyDelete