Thursday, August 23, 2012

It's Thursday



Where has this week gone? If feels like I was just writing to you guys on Monday. Alas, it is almost the end of the week! I hope you all are enjoying it. I have been busy making cookies for all of my new (well, almost, hopefully new) neighbors. I made my friend Kate's cookies and they are delicious, even for breakfast.

Here is the recipe:

Oatmeal Banana Bread Cookies (I say banana bread because they taste like banana bread)
    1/2 c. margarine at room temp.                   1/2 c. whole wheat flour
       1 c. brown sugar                                      1/2c. sifted flour
    1/4 c. water                                                1/2 tsp. baking soda
     1tsp. vanilla extract                                      1 tsp. salt
          1 ripe banana (mashed)                        3 c. rolled old-fashioned oats

Directions: Preheat oven 350 degrees
Mix margarine, brown sugar, water, vanilla and banana together. In a separate bowl mix flours, baking soda, salt. Then add dry mix to wet. Stir well. Add in oats. Drop tsp. size dough onto greased cookie sheet. Bake 12-15 min.

**I added a little cinnamon and used 1 cup of sifted flour
**For vegan use soy margarine

P.S. I started reading Emily Giffin's new book, Where We Belong, yesterday and stayed up till one in the morning trying to finish it... not the best idea, but it's a great book.

image via pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment