Monday, August 13, 2012

Let's get things shakin'...

I hope all of you are having a great Monday thus far. I have had trouble getting motivated this morning... but, I'm happy to get this week started. I was thinking earlier today about alignment. Yoga is about aligning our bodies, as well as our soul and mind. When we're out of alignment we can feel off kilter and off balance. Our thinking can get fuzzy and we might forget how to trust ourselves. It is often said that ultimately when we listen, we know the way to go. Well, I have teetered back and forth with this a lot lately. I will make a decision and then I'll feel uncertain again. When big risks are involved, it's really easy to get wrapped up in our fear and instead of trusting what we know to be true, we think about all the things that could go wrong. Right now, I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy an old house, fix it up, and perhaps one day teach yoga in it as well. There's a part of me that gets so excited to imagine what I would do to the kitchen, and how it will look when it's all fixed up, but then there's another part of me that worries about the roof caving in or being stuck in a money pit. Have you seen the movie...  The Money Pit? If you haven't please view. See how badly this could all turn out? 

Anyway, back to alignment, I think one of the hardest things to do is trust what we know. And hope the roof doesn't cave in! 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment