Friday, January 4, 2013

[wow]

So, I have been slacking terribly on my blog and I have to say that I'm sorry! I was planning on posting a bit more, but time just got away from me. I have been working and working on hashing out some details for the studio and the blog has been falling by the waist side. However, this is an important outlet. One in which allows me to share and gives me a place to quiet down, listen to myself and process. In the midst of being with family, friends, sometimes it can be hard to hear ourselves. Although the winter holidays are one of my favorite times of the year, they can often go by in a flurry and when everything starts to settle it almost seems like I have to be integrated back into "real" life. When things calm down it often seems like I am left with myself and a plate of leftover cookies. But, it's nice... nice to take a deep, long breath and just be. After this long, deep breath, I got to thinking about 2013. What do I wish to give? Receive? What are my resolutions? Then, it kinda hit me. Sometimes I feel like we can get really wrapped into what we can do better. Eat better, look better, do better, work better... all of these things. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if someone came along and just told us that we are okay, exactly as we are, where we are right at this very moment. What would we do? I would argue and try to convince them that I'm not... But, what if we accepted ourselves a little more? Loved ourselves a little more and had a little bit more compassion for who we are? Hmm... would we have more fun?

Anyway, I just wanted to share that thought. I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday! Happy New Year from my heart to yours. Lots of love, lots of kindness and whole lot of blessings I'm sending your way. :)

image via The Queen of Re

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! We are always on the road of self improvement. We always think we can be faster, smarter, skinnier, etc. Accept yourself! Yes have goals, but love yourself the way you are! Beautiful thought, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete