Sunday, March 10, 2013

I love Sundays.


Hello again! Yes, time has passed, almost a month! I can't believe I'm sitting here and it's March. Spring forward, flowers, transitions, new seasons... are all upon us. I hope you guys have all been well. My life has been pretty good. I went to a bachelorette party last weekend, which was a much needed little break. Finding balance between the yoga teacher self and the 26 (almost 27) year-old self can sometimes be a little challenging. On the weekends I find myself tired and needing sleep, while at the same time wanting to go out and see friends. I have more people come up to me that know me as the yoga teacher now, than people that know me simply as Sarah. I guess I feel that is both good and bad. Mainly good, hopefully. It's interesting to be in this place. This place between wanting to give myself completely to my career and also a place of wanting to have it all (which sometimes I wonder if it's an illusion). I think a lot of us girls now a days don't want to choose between one or the other. I know I don't. No one ever really tells you that your 20's are hard. It's a process of finding your place, your voice, starting to let go of what others want from you and doing things that work for you. I think that for awhile, I was focused on approval. Now I'm saying screw approval I can't take that on. All I want is for my life to feel good... A life that fits for me. I think that's what we all want to find... a life that feels good.

I started another blog, one for the yoga studio (Maitri Yoga), and although I thought about letting this one go, I've decided to keep it going... for the 26, almost 27 year old self, that would like it as a place to still bring my own thoughts, worries... a place where I can simply be Sarah. :)

Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday.

image via pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment